If you choose to join HSBC UK you will become part of one of the largest banking and financial services institutions in the world. Every day, HSBC serves millions of customers in dozens of countries. Each and every one of us is working to open up a world of opportunities for our customers, colleagues and communities.
At HSBC UK, we believe that your uniqueness is your strength and whether this is through our free to use virtual university or 17 employee networks, we are taking steps to remove barriers and to open up opportunities to everyone.
At HSBC UK, we have made “Valuing difference” a core value of our strategy. We believe that opening up our business to a variety of different voices, experiences and skills is helping us to be a better Bank. It increases our empathy and understanding of colleagues and customers. It allows us to think differently and to be innovative in our thinking. It allows us to develop ideas which benefit the few as well as the many.
We are proud of the difference that this approach is making. Just some examples:
- Partner with Stormzy’s #Merky foundation to help get books to young Black kids and to support Black students at Cambridge University
- We provide specialist support to Black and Ethnic Majority entrepreneurs, helping over 200 to develop their business ideas in 2022
- We sponsor UK Black Business Shows, reaching over 9,000 onsite delegates in 2022
- We are founder sponsors of the UK Ethnicity Awards, creating a space to celebrate the superstars making a difference to Black Asian and Ethnic Majority communities
- We provide a safe space for over 3000 UK colleagues who are members of our Embrace network
At HSBC UK, we use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth, and perspectives to open up new kinds of opportunity for our customers. We bring together different people, ideas and capital to nurture progress and growth for our customers, colleagues and wider communities.